The Homeland Security Department this summer plans to begin testing a DNA analyzer that's small enough to be easily portable and fast enough to return results in less than an hour.
The analyzer, about the size of a laser printer, initially will be used to determine kinship among refugees and asylum seekers. It also could help establish whether foreigners giving children up for adoption are their parents or other relatives, and help combat child smuggling and human trafficking, said Christopher Miles, biometrics program manager in the DHS Office of Science and Technology.
Only DNA can positively determine family relationships, Miles said Wednesday during a conference on biometrics and national security.
Eventually, the analyzer also could be used to positively identify criminals, illegal immigrants, missing persons and mass casualty victims, he said.
The machine, known as a rapid DNA screener, is expected to cut days or weeks and hundreds of dollars off the per-use cost of DNA analysis.
Using a process called digital microfluidics, the analyzer processes a DNA sample and provides results in less than an hour for under $100 per sample, Miles said. By comparison, it takes days or weeks and about $500 per sample to get results when DNA is tested in a laboratory, he said.
"We're not about advancing the technology so much as integrating and automating it into a fieldable device," he said.
Boston-based NetBio, which developed the rapid DNA analyzer for DHS, described it as a "game-changing technology" platform that "consists of instruments, biochips and analytical software." It eliminates the need for a trained technician and special operating site.
The analyzer was designed for Homeland Security, the military, intelligence and police agencies, the company says on its website.
As with other DNA tests, the process begins with a sample collected on a swab, typically from inside the mouth. The sample is placed in a disposable cartridge, and the analyzer does the rest of the work.
"It's the same process that occurs in the lab today," Miles said. But "it will drastically make the system more efficient."
DHS' Citizen and Immigration Services bureau is first in line to begin testing the new equipment this summer. A likely priority is testing people who claim to be family members in refugee camps overseas, Miles said.
That's important because when a refugee is allowed to come to the United States, parents, children and some siblings also could be eligible to enter. Citizen and Immigration Services wants to make sure those who claim to be relatives actually are, he said.
Similarly, the agency wants to make sure children are who their guardians claim them to be. Usually, that sort of identity check might be done with fingerprints, but fingerprints of small children can be unreliable, Miles said.
On an average day, 400 refugees apply to enter the United States, 40 persons are granted asylum and 100 foreign-born children are adopted, according to DHS.
Although DNA analysis speeds identification of people, it raises concerns about privacy and civil liberties, Miles conceded. "We have privacy officers and civil rights and civil liberties officers who are working through all of those questions."
As a precaution to protect privacy, the analyzer avoids sampling DNA that could identify genetic problems, Miles said. For years, privacy advocates have worried that DNA test results could be used to deny people employment, insurance or entry to the country.
But even the analysis DHS officials want to do could be problematic. DNA test results might reveal that a child is not related to the man thought to be his father. "Is it our role to tell them that?" Miles asked. In some societies, revealing such information could be dangerous to the child and its mother, he said.
Policy hasn't developed as fast as technology when it comes to DNA analysis, Jim Harper, director of information studies at the libertarian Cato Institute, told Nextgov. "There are still a lot of unknowns. I'm not certain we know what all is being gathered when we examine DNA." So far, there has been no comprehensive public discussion of what is being gathered, and how it should or shouldn't be used has not occurred, he said.
The machines are expected to cost about $275,000 apiece, Miles said. "That sounds like a lot of money, but compare that to a laboratory full of equipment that would cost millions of dollars and a building that would cost tens of millions of dollars."
After the rapid analyzers are in production, he added, the cost is likely to come down.
It is quite startling to realise that a special room had been set up to receive the dead of the July 7th bombings in a temporary morgue built on army land, the contract for which (see  below) arrived on the contractor’s desk on July 6th, the day before the massacres.
All the bodies of the dead were taken and placed in cold-storage there.
Not until the Inquest, five years later, did startled lawyers acting on behalf of the victim-families get to hear, that NO POST MORTEMS had been performed on the dead.
Let us repeat this astonishing statement, the better to realise our own astounded bafflement:
NO POST MORTEMS HAD BEEN PERFORMED ON THE DEAD.
Let’s listen to the bewildered comment from pathologist Dr. Awani Choudhary, one of the first doctors on the scene from the BMA at Tavistock Square, who testified to the Inquest about his attempts to save the life of Gladys Wundowa:
‘I have not seen the post-mortem report, but I thought that she was bleeding from somewhere … So if the post-mortem says that she was not bleeding from anywhere, just had a spinal injury, I will be surprised…
Q. Since you ask about the post-mortem, can I simply inform you that, as with all the other casualties of the day, no internal post-mortem was conducted into Gladys Wundowa, so unfortunately, much as we would like the answers to the questions that you’ve asked, they don’t –
A. I… I’m absolutely sure that she had had internal injury as well as a spinal injury, and I’m absolutely surprised that a post-mortem has not been done through and through.
Q. Well, Mr Choudhary, that isn’t a matter to concern you.
Q. … we don’t need to concern ourselves about that matter. (Jan 20 am, 63:22- 65:6)
No, of course not. 52 dead and no post-mortems, nothing to worry about.
WHAT COULD POSSIBLY EXPLAIN THE ASTONISHING DECISION NOT TO CARRY OUT POST MORTEMS? THE GREATEST MODERN ACT OF MASS-MURDER ON BRITISH SOIL AND NO ONE WAS INTERESTED IN COLLECTING PRECISE EVIDENCE OF CAUSE OF DEATH.
SO MUCH COULD HAVE BEEN LEARNED ABOUT THE EXPLOSIONS AND THE EXPLOSIVES FROM SUCH MEDICAL EXAMINATIONS.
IS IT UNFAIR TO SUSPECT THAT THE FAILURE TO COLLECT THIS BASIC INFORMATION WAS CAUSED BY FEAR (OR WORSE) THAT POST MORTEMS WOULD THROW UP SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE TO CONTRADICT A PREORDAINED NARRATIVE OF SUICIDE-BOMBER TERRORIST ATTACKS? MIGHT THE INJURIES HAVE INDICATED THE USE OF MILITARY-GRADE EXPLOSIVES TO WHICH THE ‘TERRORISTS’ COULD NOT POSSIBLY HAVE HAD ACCESS?
The lawyer acting for the families expressed shock and outrage at the fact that ‘cause of death’ had not been definitely confirmed. Would their clients have to put up with ‘brief, neutral and factual’ statements over this most basic of issues? The Telegraph reported from the Inquest:
‘But the bereaved families said the coroner should be allowed to go into much greater detail about how the deaths came about. They do not want a ‘’sterile” conclusion that their loved ones were unlawfully killed that fails to rule on whether the security agencies could have prevented the atrocities or whether the emergency services could have saved more lives, their lawyers said.
‘Patrick O’Connor QC, for the relatives, told the inquest in a legal argument hearing: ”Of course the bereaved interested persons would be very disappointed. But the public may well be quite astonished if that were the position and we were literally kept to the kind of one, one-and-a-half, two sentence verdict in the inquisition that is suggested by some.”
‘He added: ”The statue of Justice is very often depicted blindfolded, but never gagged.” (18 Feb., 2011)
An Inquest without any post-mortems? By way of to trying to remedy this situation, the Inquest turned to the MOD. Why should it be their business? They had to construct a model to show the probable fatal injuries and likely causes of death for those with no obviously fatal external injuries. Colonel Mahoney, Defence Professor of Anaesthesia and Critical Care at the Royal Centre for Defence Medicine in Birmingham, spent a couple of days at the Inquest explaining the situation, whereby ‘virtual Underground carriages’ had been constructed as models, but it all seemed rather vague:
Q. But your approach must, overall, be read subject to a number of caveats?
Q. Firstly, as you mentioned, there was no invasive post-mortem in any case.
Q. Secondly, the X-ray examination was limited, as you’ve just said, to fluoroscopy?*
Q. Thirdly, although you have photographic evidence, in some cases the photographs were difficult to interpret, for reasons I won’t explore with you?
A. Yes. [Jan 31 pm 5:3-17]
Still Clueless about the Explosions
Colonel Mahoney was faced with not only an absence of post-mortems, but also with a weird absence of a coherent theory about the explosive that had been used … We saw how earlier in February the Government’s explosives experts at the Inquest had to tiptoe around the fact that none of them would endorse the government’s peroxide-and-black pepper story. Asked to prepare a report for the Inquest, Colonel Mahoney did so. We note a couple of remarks he made there, from comments he had heard from Clifford Todd, the forensic expert.
His report alluded to ‘Mr Todd’s opinion that the devices were consistent with the use of high explosives.’ In no way can peroxide and black pepper be called a high explosive. Secondly, he found ‘There is little evidence from Mr Todd’s evidence to suggest that the devices produced a significant heat output.’ (‘Blast waves and their effect on the Human Body’, pp.18 & 19) Any peroxide bomb with back pepper as a base is a thermal bomb, because the heat comes from the rapid oxidation of the pepper. The more home-made the bomb the more it is going to be ‘thermal’ ie produce heat. Only the high-blast expertly made explosives of the military will yield a pure blast without heat.
Thus Colonel Mahoney’s report nullifies the Inquest’s silly joke about peroxide and black pepper – it points back to the first theories about the 7/7 blast, which emerged in the week after the event, when the real experts were averring that a military explosive had been used. Colonel Mahoney is the author of several books on this topic: Lady Justice Hallett alluded to ‘the area in which you are most expert: namely, the effects of explosive devices.’ (Jan 31 am, 66:3-4)
What happened to the Bodies?
Why did the families have to wait for a week or sometimes even more, before they learned of the fate of their lost ones? A study by Jenny Edkins (University of Wales, Aberystwyth, author of ‘Trauma and the Memory of Politics’) about the way 7/7 victims were treated explained, ‘This paper is motivated by a concern, an anger even, at the way in which people were treated by the authorities in the aftermath of the London bombings of July 2005. In particular, communication with those searching for missing relatives or friends was one-way or nonexistent. This treatment, it seems to me, provides an example of what Michael Dillon has called “governing terror…”’
‘Families were plunged into a world of Disaster Victim Identification Forms, Police Liaison Officers, and stonewalling by officials…. In the aftermath of the explosions on the London underground and in Tavistock Square in Bloomsbury on Thursday 7 July 2005, relatives of the missing were kept waiting for up to or over a week for information about where their sons and daughters, friends and family members might be.’
We cite five examples:
* Marie Fatayi-Williams was only allowed to see her son Anthony’s body on July 14th a week later . A police officer was standing around. She had to make a great deal of fuss to obtain this, and she kept being advised against it. She tells this in her book, For the love of Anthony. She is never given the body, she cannot bury her own son.
* A film by Benedetta Ciaccia’s former boyfriend, Raj Babbra, called ‘7/7 – Life Without Benedetta’, has her father and mother, speaking in Italian (in Part 3 at 3:58, with only a bit of it subtitled), say: ‘It’s an awful thing to lose your child … let alone not being able to see her dead … they didn’t show her to me … I was advised not to see her … we were told it was better to remember her the way she used to be.’ They never even got to see her body.
* John Taylor, 60, whose 24-year-old daughter Carrie died in the Aldgate blast, described how it took 10 days for he and his wife to discover that their child had died.
* In A Song for Jenny by Julie Nicholson (2010), the Reverend Julie Nicholson asks a policeman why it was taking so very long before she heard about her daughter Jenny (p287), her book gives the wierd reply: ‘He confirmed four hundred body parts had been recovered and sent to a specialised laboratory in Bosnia for ID, which could take several weeks.’ – no comment! She was dissuaded from wanting to see her daughter’s body, but she insisted. She knew it was her daughter Jenny (she wrote) because of the hands.
* Relatives of Samantha and Lee, a couple who both died as a result of the bombings, did not get a formal identification of Samantha until 16 July, nine days after she gave her full name to her rescuer at Russell Square. The parents complained, ‘We were never asked if we could or would like to see her or be with her. We do not know where her body was kept.’ Asked Jenny Edkins, ‘Why was it not possible for this family to be with the body? Why was the information that she was dead withheld from them?’
The default position may have been, that families did not see the bodies of the deceased. Whatever was going on, the protocol seems quite macabre. Alison Anderson and Robert McNeil were the experts in body identification who organised the mortuary after the July 2005 London bombings, and they had worked for the United Nations in Bosnia and Kosovo. Why did the families need to wait for so long? Why was there a military company coping with the bodies? We can only wonder what was written on the death certificates, as next to nothing seems to have been ascertained about how they died.
J7 have written what is arguably their most brilliant piece yet on this topic, and let’s quote here from it:
So, assumptions are piled upon presumptions and houses of cards are built on shifting sands. These are the openly-stated unknown unknowns from which the bereaved families are meant to learn how they lost their loved ones.
 Military site for the Bodies
It is also quite startling to realise that a special room had been set up to receive the dead – starting work on July 6th, the day before the 7/7 massacres.
Here is a statement about what happened on that day, and where the bodies went:
Based in Northamptonshire in the UK, the company [De Boer] had already completed several contracts for the Metropolitan Police …The De Boer team spent months visiting permanent mortuaries and attending meetings with London Resilience to suggest a suitable structure and interior design… Six months later on July 6, 2005, a document arrived at De Boer’s UK headquarters finalising what had been agreed for a future crisis response. Within 24 hours the plan was being realised .and implemented with the creation of a temporary mortuary in the grounds of the Honourable Artillery Company near Moorgate Underground Station in central London.’ (source, ‘London’s Response to 7/7’ David Donegan Office of the Strategic Health Authorities at NHS, in www.crisisresponsejournal.com no longer online, held in J7 archives: and quoted here)
Good timing or what? Thus an ‘emergency mortuary’ was established on a Military site in the City of London – the day before the catastrophe. Not only did this military site receive all of the bodies, but it set up ancillary sites adjacent to the four blast sites on the morning of July 7th: ‘Outside of the mortuary De Boer also provided structures and furniture at each of the Underground Stations affected, and refrigeration facilities at the site of the bus bombing.’
The De Boer company managed it so well that, in recognition, its project manager was invited to meet Tony Blair at Downing Street. It was felt that, at such very short notice – after all, they only got the job on July 6th – they had done a fine job. Concerning the swift freezing of the bus bomb victim bodies: while researching ‘Terror On The Tube’ . I could only see two or three corpses lying around in all of the photographs of that bus wreck, so I guess the De Boer team must have removed them swiftly.
We are also reminded of the big FEMA vans that arrived to clear up the damage in New York at Ground Zero on 9/11 (Federal Emergency Management Agency): they were proud of how quickly they arrived, in fact they arrived (by a similar sinister precognition) on Monday evening, the day before the very surprising 9/11 event.
* The ‘fluoroscopy’ method was described as ‘a limited form of X-ray,’ which showed embedded bits of metal etc. Thus, ‘Primary surveys of whole bodies in unopened body-bags were undertaken using fluoroscopy by teams of two radiographers and a pathologist. The aim of the primary survey was to establish the nature of the contents of the bag,..’ (Forensic Radiography: Response to the London Suicide Bombings on 7th July 2005, Mark D. Viner)
26 February 2011. Thanks to A.
Federal Reserve System Releases FOIA Documents
All files listed below: http://cryptome.org/0003/frs/frs-foia-docs.zip (26MB)
FOIA Request Correspondence for FRS Complete and Current Balance Sheet
Transparency Project regarding the H.4.1 reports entitled Factors Affecting Reserve BalancesPart 2 http://cryptome.org/0003/frs/transparency-2.pdf (96KB)
Part 3 http://cryptome.org/0003/frs/transparency-3.pdf (66KB)
Part 4 http://cryptome.org/0003/frs/transparency-4.zip (902KB)
Money Market Investor Funding FacilityJP Morgan Special Purpose Vehicle Diagram http://cryptome.org/0003/frs/spv-diagram.pdf (24KB)
Aurelius Funding Co., LLC
Administration Agreement http://cryptome.org/0003/frs/afc-admin-agree.zip (1.6MB)
Commercial Paper Placement Agreement http://cryptome.org/0003/frs/afc-cp-pl-agree.zip (3.5MB)
Depositary Agreement http://cryptome.org/0003/frs/afc-deposit-agree.zip (4.9MB)
Senior Loan Agreement http://cryptome.org/0003/frs/afc-lend-agree.zip (3.9MB)
Management Agreement http://cryptome.org/0003/frs/afc-manage-agree.zip (1.6MB)
Referral Agreement http://cryptome.org/0003/frs/afc-refer-agree.zip (2.6MB)
Security Agreement http://cryptome.org/0003/frs/afc-sec-agree.zip (5.1MB)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Kissinger Associates, Inc., founded in 1982, is a New York City-based international consulting firm, founded and run by Henry Kissinger, Brent Scowcroft, and Lawrence Eagleburger. The firm assists its clients in identifying strategic partners and investment opportunities, and advises clients on government relations throughout the world.
The firm was founded in 1982 by Henry Kissinger.
In 1999, Mack McLarty joined Kissinger to open Kissinger McLarty Associates, the firm's office on Eighteenth and Pennsylvania streets in Washington, D.C.. McLarty was White House Chief of Staff under Bill Clinton. Kissinger McLarty is a corporate member of the Council of the Americas, the New York-based business organization established by David Rockefeller in 1965. As of January 2008, the two firms have separated and McLarty Associates, headed by Mack McLarty, is an independent firm based in Washington.
Kissinger Associates is located in River House on Park Avenue at Fifty-first Street, in a building also occupied by Peter Peterson's Blackstone Group. It was established in July, 1982 after loans had been secured from Goldman Sachs and a consortium of three other banks. These loans were paid out in two years; by 1987 annual revenues had reached $5 million.
 Associated organizations and individuals
Kissinger Associates has had strategic alliances with several firms, including:
- APCO Worldwide, formed October 12, 2004 
- The Blackstone Group, an investment and advisory firm
- Hakluyt & Company, a corporate investigation firm
- Covington & Burling, the international law firm, since 2003.
Prominent staff have included:
- L. Paul Bremer, former managing director. Former Iraq Director of Reconstruction.
- Nelson Cunningham, managing partner at Kissinger McLarty
- Lawrence Eagleburger, former partner
- Richard W. Fisher - President, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas 
- Timothy F. Geithner - United States Secretary of Treasury
- Jami Miscik - president and vice chairman. Deputy Director for Intelligence, Central Intelligence Agency.
- Joshua Cooper Ramo - Managing Director
- Bill Richardson, former Senior managing director. Former U.S diplomat and current Governor of New Mexico.
- J. Stapleton Roy, vice-chairman. Senior U.S. diplomat.
- Brent Scowcroft, former vice-chairman. Former United States National Security Advisor.
Directors have included:
- Lord Carrington, from 1982. Secretary-General of NATO
- Pehr G. Gyllenhammar, from 1982. Chairman, Volvo
- William D. Rogers, from 1982. Undersecretary of State for Economic Affairs under Nixon
- Eric Roll, from 1984. Chairman S. G. Warburg & Co
- William E. Simon, from 1984. Secretary of the Treasury under Nixon
- Saburo Okita, former Japanese Foreign Minister
- Étienne Davignon Former European Commissioner.
- Gary Falle, Falle Strategies
 Client base
Kissinger Associates does not disclose its list of corporate clients, and reportedly bars clients from acknowledging the relationship. However, over time details from proxy statements and the tendency of senior businessmen to talk about their relationship with Kissinger have leaked out and a number of major corporate clients have been identified.
The secrecy of their corporate client list has caused problems where Kissinger or a member of his staff were called to public service. In 1989, George H.W. Bush nominated Lawrence Eagleburger as his Deputy Secretary of State. Congress required that Eagleburger disclose the names of 16 clients, some of which were his through his Kissinger Associates affiliation.. Later, Kissinger himself was appointed chairman of the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States by George W. Bush. Congressional Democrats insisted that Kissinger disclose the names of clients. Kissinger and President Bush claimed that such disclosures were not necessary, but Kissinger ultimately stepped down, citing conflicts of interest.
A selected list of the more notable companies (from over two dozen in total) since 1982; his directorships where applicable; and some countries where known advice/contacts were used:
- American Express - Director (Hungary, Japan)
- American International Group - Director, International Advisory Committee (Argentina, China, South Korea)
- Atlantic Richfield
- Chase Manhattan Bank (now JPMorgan Chase) - Chairman, International Advisory Committee
- Coca-Cola (Malaysia)
- Freeport-McMoRan - Director (Burma, Indonesia, Panama)
- Heinz (Ivory Coast, Turkey, Zimbabwe)
- Hollinger, Inc. - Director
- Lehman Brothers Kissinger McLarty Assoc. is listed as a creditor in the Bankruptcy Filings.
- Isaacson, Walter, Kissinger: A Biography, New York: Simon & Schuster, 1992, updated 2005.
- ^ a b "Council of the Americas Member: Kissinger McLarty Associates". Council of the Americas. http://www.americas-society.org/coa/membersnetwork/Kissinger.html.
- ^ http://www.maglobal.com maglobal.com
- ^ a b Isaacson, Kissinger, p.732.
- ^ "Kissinger Associates, APCO Join in Strategic Alliance". APCO Worldwide. October 12, 2004. http://www.apcoworldwide.com/content/newsroom/press_releases/10_12_04.cfm.
- ^ "Strategic alliances". the Blackstone Group. http://www.blackstone.com/mergers/stalliances.html.
- ^ Andrew Edgecliffe-Johnson (April 10, 2001). "Survey - Corporate Security: The top players in intelligence industry". Financial Times. http://www.smithbrandon.com/news.aspx?id=39.
- ^ Sarasohn, Judy (October 2, 2003). "Making an Alliance Official". Washington Post. http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/washingtonpost/access/416939251.html?dids=416939251:416939251&FMT=FT&FMTS=ABS:FT&fmac=&date=OCT+02%2C+2003&author=Judy+Sarasohn&desc=Making+an+Alliance+Official.
- ^ John Kerry & Hank Brown. "BCCI and Kissinger Associates". The BCCI Affair. United States Congress. http://www.fas.org/irp/congress/1992_rpt/bcci/20kiss.htm.
- ^ a b c Oberdorfer, Don (August 24, 1982). "Kissinger's New Team". Washington Post. https://secure.pqarchiver.com/washingtonpost_historical/access/124943422.html?dids=124943422:124943422&FMT=FT&FMTS=ABS:FT&fmac=&date=AUG+24%2C+1982&author=By+Don+Oberdorfer+Washington+Post+Staff+Writer&desc=Kissinger%27s+New+Team.
- ^ a b Gilpin, Kenneth N. (June 1, 1984). "Eagleburger Is Joining Kissinger Associates". New York Times. http://select.nytimes.com/search/restricted/article?res=F2081FFE3E5F0C728CDDAF0894DC484D81.
- ^ a b Gelb, Leslie H. (April 20, 1986). "Kissinger Means Business". New York Times. http://select.nytimes.com/search/restricted/article?res=F50711FD385D0C738EDDAD0894DE484D81.
- ^ "Etienne Davignon delivers the plenary address on the third day of EITC 97". European Union Publications Office. http://cordis.europa.eu/esprit/src/biodavig.htm.
- ^ a b Isaacson, Kissinger: A Biography, pp.730-751.
- ^ Gerth, Jeff (May 20, 1989). "Disclosure Sought From Policy Group". New York Times. http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=950DE3D7133EF933A15756C0A96F948260.
 External linksRetrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kissinger_Associates"
Below are excerpts from the lists of questions the Family Steering Committee has submitted to the 9/11 Commission.
Please click on the blue link to read the full document.
President George W. Bush
updated May 13, 2004
As Commander-in-Chief on the morning of 9/11, why didn’t you return immediately to Washington, D.C. or the National Military Command Center once you became aware that America was under attack? At specifically what time did you become aware that America was under attack? Who informed you of this fact? .... read more
Please discuss the advice and plans of the Energy Advisory Council specifically as they relate to pipeline development and gas/oil exploration in Afghanistan, Iraq and other Middle Eastern countries, and the feasibility of such development or exploration specifically in those two countries in 2001.
http://www.dcd.uscourts.gov/Opinions/2002/Bates/02-340.pdf................ read more
posted April 6, 2004
Regarding the meeting of Abdullah Abdullah (close aide to Massoud and now the Afghan Foreign Minister) in July , 2001, with “some top National Security Council (NSC) and State Department officials,” what information about al Qaeda did he convey?...................................................................................................read more
George Tenet, Director of the CIA
Why didn't the CIA share vital information about the terrorists with the FBI
Federal Bureau of Investigation
Robert Mueller, FBI Director, September 4, 2001-present
Which hijackers have been positively identified by DNA? Is the FBI in possession of DNA samples for all of the hijackers?.......................................................read more
Questions for Director Mueller Regarding the Hijackers
Please explain how the passports of Mohammed Atta and Satam al-Sugam, both on Flight 11, survived the inferno to be found on the street near the World Trade Center.
•Who found the passports and what time where they found?
•Please describe the condition of each passport.
•Please explain how the passports of two hijackers survived the explosion and inferno. ...................................................................................................read more
Thomas Pickard and Louis Freeh
posted April 3, 2004
From the questions for Thomas Pickard:
Please explain why the July 10, 2001, Phoenix memo got no farther than FBI headquarters. Why wasn’t the Phoenix memo shared with “threat subgroup” of the interagency Counterterrorism Security Group?
From the questions for Louis Freeh:
Why weren’t the flight schools shut down, or the terrorists deported, if the “FBI Knew Terrorists Were Using Flight Schools” for years, as reported in the Washington Post, September 23, 2001.....................................................read more
posted April 6, 2004
" On July 5th, Clarke summoned all the domestic security agencies —the Federal Aviation Administration, the Coast Guard, Customs, the Immigration and Naturalization Service, and the F.B.I.—and told them to increase their security in light of an impending attack." ”
Were plans made to implement immediate counter-measures to deflect an attack?
If so, what were they? If not, why not?x....................................................read more
Bill Clinton, former President of the United States
Why wasn’t bin Laden brought to the United States for trial when the Sudan offered to extradite him?
Al Gore, former Vice-President of the United States
Please discuss the intelligence and concerns which spurred your contact with Saudi Arabia in 1999 and 2000 to request that the Saudis and the Royal Family stop funding charities that were contributing to the Al Qaeda...[and] describe the steps the Clinton administration had planned to take in order to convince the Saudis to comply with our request to stop the flow of charitable funds to terrorists .............. read more
Federal Aviation Administration
posted April 24, 2004
Jane Garvey, Former Director of FAA (follow-up)
Please provide a specific timeline for each of the four aircraft which includes all FAA notifications and responses on the morning of September 11th, and the exact times at which air traffic controllers notified the FAA of a possible hijacking of each aircraft. ...............................................................................................................read more
Was NORAD aware of the four hijacked planes veering off course even before
being reported by the FAA? If not, please explain why NORAD which monitors
7000 flights a day, was unable to track the four aberrant flights................. read more
Admiral Richard W. Mies
former Commander in Chief, United States Strategic Command
Did USSTRATCOM at any time track the four hijacked planes?............. read more
Logan Airport. Boston, MA; Newark, NJ Airport; Dulles Airport, Washington, DC
Specifically, what information/warnings/alerts did you receive regarding the possibility of hijackings between March 1, 2001 and September 11th, 2001? What precautionary actions were taken as a result? .......................................... read more
Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS)
posted April 30, 2004
9/11 hijackers, Mohammed Atta and Marwan Alshehhi both received I-20 "Vocational" visas from Huffman Aviation. The OIG report indicates that the school should not have been allowed to issue this type of visa ... Why did the INS certify Huffman aviation as a full time vocational school?......................................read more
Governor Jeb Bush
posted May 2, 2004
1. Why was the Florida National Guard called up in the state of Florida on September 7th, 2001 in order to help handle “civil disturbance” and “acts of terrorism”? ............................................................................................. read more
Within months of the Twin Towers collapse, tons of metal from the collapsed towers were sold to scrap yards in New Jersey, which then sold the debris to other recyclers in the United States and overseas. That metal was evidence which could have helped explain the collapse.
• Why were the steel beams sold and shipped overseas and not retained as evidence? Was the material examined before it was sent overseas? If not, why not? .............................................................................................................. read more
ForewarningThis page includes questions for these people, among others:
posted May 5, 2004
Willie Brown, former Mayor of San Francisco who received a warning about 10 PM on the evening of September 10...
High-ranking Pentagon officials who cancelled travel plans for the morning of September 11 “…apparently because of security concerns” ...
Odigo employees who received IM warning two hours before attack
Randy Glass, government informant, who has indicated that he passed along warnings before 9/11 .............................................................................. read more
posted May 11, 2004
1. What were the findings and conclusions of the FBI/U.S. Customs investigation code- named Operation Greenquest.?
The company's Web site reveals a list of customers that is a who's-who of sensitive government agencies, including the Naval Air Systems Command, NATO, the House of Representatives and the Department of Energy, which handles security for nuclear weapons and material. Experts said Ptech had easy access to the computer systems of those agencies and that a link to terror groups could signal a breakdown in national security. ................................................................................. read more
posted May 11, 2004
Oversight regarding the CIA, FBI, FAA, NORAD, INS:
1. From 1998 on, what steps did you take in light of the growing terrorist threat to ensure that our security agencies were functioning at their maximum and in tandem with each other for our utmost safety?
............................................................................................................... read more
Questions about Al Qaeda and State Sponsored Terrorism
1) What connections did our government have with the terrorists prior to 9/11?
· State department negotiations with Taliban re: pipeline through Afghanistan
· interaction with the Taliban and/or Bin Laden
· CIA training and arming of terrorists
2) What is the state of the Afghan pipeline now?
· When was the deal to construct it finalized?
· Who was involved?
· How is the pipeline being protected?
· Who profits from the connections as the pipeline passes through each country?
· Who has rights to the pipeline?
3) Why isn't Saudi Arabia on the list of countries sponsoring terrorism?
4) Why are the FBI and CIA seeking to exclude evidence about Saudi involvement with terrorists (See Exclusive: CIA and FBI press Congress to exclude intelligence on the Saudi role with 9/11 terrorists by Linda Robinson and Edward T. Pound: http://www.usnews.com/usnews/usinfo/press/saudi.htm )
5) In what ways might our government's policies toward Saudi Arabia have
contributed to September 11th?
6) Why was Saudi Arabia given preferential treatment above all other
nations in immigration? (Visa Express)
· What was the reason for creating the Visa Express?
· Prior to Sept. 11, Visa Express permitted approximately 97 percent of Saudi applicants to obtain visas without face-to-face interviews http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,73485,00.html
7) Why were the Saudi relatives whisked out of America so quickly when
other planes were grounded after the attacks?
· Who gave permission for them to leave?
8) On September 9th the president had a war plan on his desk to go into
· What was the origin of this plan?
· Why was this plan drawn up even before the September 11th attacks?
9) Intelligence was told in March of 2001 to back off investigating terrorists.
· Who gave the order?
10) Why did Donald Rumsfeld, immediately after the September 11 th attack, say that Saddam Hussein was involved?
11) Does the FBI have proof that it was in fact Al Qaeda that perpetrated 9/11?
· Do they know if the names the hijackers used were their real names?
12) Did Atif Ahmad have a connection to Atta as well as to Moussaoui?
· Is Atif Ahmed a British double agent?
13) What is the truth about the arrest of El Atriss who sold fake IDs to two 9/11 terrorists? There are discrepancies between the NY Times and Washington Post accounts of his arrest and release.
· Atriss is an Egyptian national who committed a crime. Why hasn't he been deported?
14) Who were the terrorist informants working with the FBI?
a.) What did the FBI learn from them?
b.) What were the 9/11 warnings provided by these informants?
c.) What was done with these warnings to protect the American public?
15) How did and do US energy policies play into Islamic terrorism?
· the Caspian Sea pipeline?
· Dick Cheney's energy task force?
16) How do corporate and big business interests play into foreign policy
· Enron pre 9/11; Halliburton, Bechtel pre and post 9/11?
· what are the names of the companies which are getting contracts in foreign countries and how do they influence our foreign policy?
17) What role did American think tanks, which make policy recommendations to the
administration, play in American foreign policy decisions and the proliferation of Al Qaeda?
18) Regarding sharing of intelligence pre and post 9/11:
· Did U.S. intelligence agencies share information about Al Qaeda with foreign governments?
· Did foreign governments share information with our government about Al Qaeda?
· If so, what information was shared about threats within the U.S. and from which countries did it come?
· Who received this information and what did they do with it?
· What changes have been made in sharing intelligence?
19) Why did President Bush specifically request a briefing on Al Qaeda in August 2001?
20) What is the connection between the Bush family and Bin Laden?
21) Regarding the Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTTF), which is a collaboration between the FBI and NYPD, also at times NYS Police, NY/NJ Port Authority PD and the US Secret Service:
· Was the JTTF aware of 20 warnings of an impending terrorist which were mentioned in Joint Intelligence Inquiry testimony?
· What did the JTTF know prior to 9/11 regarding potential terrorist attacks in NYC and specifically, the WTC?
· Was the JTTF informed of any warnings regarding the impending attacks from agencies of foreign governments?
· What was the nature of the warnings?
· What if any security precautions were taken as a result of the warnings?
· What information did the JTTF pass up the chain of command?
22) On the issue of state sponsored terrorism:
· Why did Mahmood Ahmed, Director of Pakistan's secret service, the (ISI) order Saeed Sheikh to wire $100,000 to hijacker Mohamed Atta?
· What was Mahmood Ahmed's relationship with Al Qaeda?
· Where did the money come from?
· Did officials in Pakistan know in advance about the terrorist attack?
· On September 11 th , Mahmood Ahmed had a breakfast meeting in Washington, D.C., with House and Senate Intelligence Committee chairmen, Rep. Porter Goss and Senator Bob Graham. What were they discussing?
23) To combat terrorism
· What sanctions can the U.S. place on individuals of non-terrorist states who aided and abetted terrorists through funding or other means?
· If there is no recourse, will the CIA continue to monitor their activities in the future?
· Will the State Department and other allied countries seek to ban their entry into the U.S. and their nations?
· How long does an individual remain a terrorist threat according to our policies?
· Will those individuals be banned from doing business with the U.S.?
· Since September 11 th , has our government developed specific policies regarding individual sponsors of terrorism?
24) Were individuals with ties to terrorists or states which sponsor terrorism involved in shorting airline and other stocks which were impacted by the terrorist attacks on September 11th?
September 11 Inquiry: Questions to be Answered
1. What are the names of the individuals and the financial institutions who placed "put" orders on American Airlines and United Airlines for the 3 weeks prior to 9/11? Who has possession of these monies?
1. Who approved the posthumous visa requests of Atta and Al-shehhi?
2. Whose job was it to check on the validity of student visas? Specifically, Hani Hanjour entered this country on a student visa and never attended class. Who was responsible for this?
3. What countries did the terrorists enter this country from? Specifically, when, where, and how did they enter this country? What country of origin were the terrorists' passports from? Under what names were their passports?
4. In 1996 Congress gave $800 million to the INS to upgrade its computer systems. To date, those systems remain antiquated. Where is this money? Whose responsibility was it to oversee that this was carried out?
5. Why was the CIPRIS (the Coordinated Interagency Partnership Regulating International Students – created by Congress in 1996) system not used to track foreign students after it was recommended by the National Commission on Terrorism in 1998 and was so effective in trials?
6. Three hijackers obtained visas under an accelerated approval program, called Visa Express at travel agencies in Saudi Arabia. Visa Express had only been in place for three months before September 11, 2001. Saudi Arabia is the only country with known terrorist risks which had this accelerated approval. Who initiated this process and what was the reason given for instituting the program? Why were incomplete and erroneously filled out visa applications of the hijackers approved?
1. A flight attendant on AA#11 notified her supervisor within the first few minutes of the plane being overtaken. What was the name of this supervisor? What exactly did he do with this information? Why was NORAD not immediately notified? What are the names of the individuals whose responsibility centers upon notifying NORAD in situations like this--on the local, regional, and national levels? Why was the protocol not followed?
2. Why were these four planes able to evade all radar ? Even when the transponders are disconnected, a plane is still able to be located by its "skin" on radar screens.
3. Was there a gun on AA#11? FAA executive summary stated that a gun was fired. This report was thereafter redacted. What is the truth?
4. Where did the information about box-cutters come from? How do we know that the terrorists were armed with these? Furthermore, why was the American public told after 9/11 that box-cutters were allowed on planes, when we have since come to find out that they were specifically listed as airline contraband? Who is responsible for this disinformation?
5. Where are the "black boxes" and the transcripts from all four crash sites? Why has the FBI not invited the NTSB into the investigation?
6. Nine of the hijackers were selected for special security screenings, two for irregularities in identification documents, six for extra-scrutiny by a computer screening program and one because he was traveling with a questionable individual. What exactly were the irregularities in identification? Which two had these irregularities? What is the name of the individual who made the decision to let these two men board the planes? What was done during the course of the detainment of these two individuals? What questions were asked? Was anything confiscated? With regard to the remaining seven hijackers, what was the list of questions asked of them? Who interrogated them? Was anything confiscated? What is the name of the individual who permitted these men to board the planes? Where are the logs and records and incident reports from these detainments?
7. Why was Logan Airport not sanctioned for its repeated failure to meet FAA standards for airline security? If they were sanctioned, how much were they fined? Did they completely pay the fine? What is the name of the individual who was responsible for making sure that Logan Airport met its airport/airline security requirements?
8. Where are all transcripts from Air Traffic Control? Where are all logs and records from the FAA?
9. Why did three foreign owned airline security screening companies have their liability levels capped in the Homeland Security Bill? Who is responsible for this? What was the reasoning?
Port Authority/WTC/City of New York
1. WTC was not up to "code" with regard to their fireproofing. Whose responsibility was it to ensure that these buildings were built to "code"? What is the name of the individual who was responsible to ensure that all buildings were maintained?
2. Why were WTC emergency evacuation protocols not followed?
3. Why were the roof access doors locked?
4. Why were the sprinkler systems locked?
5. Why was there no roof-top evacuation?
6. What is the name of the individual who made the announcement in 2 WTC who told workers to return to their offices?
7. In light of the 1993 bombings, what additional security precautions were put into effect?
8. The Port Authority of NY/NJ owns and operates Newark International Airport. They also owned and operated the WTC. Please explain the failure of the Port Authority to coordinate and act on the information about the second plane heading for the South Tower when they had this information available to them by their own Air Traffic Control Center. They had eleven minutes of notice that the plane was bearing down on Tower Two and yet, they told people that the building was safe and secure.
9. Why won't the Port Authority in concert with the City of NY release the 9/11 tapes?
10. What was the City of NY and the Port Authority told about these numerous warnings, which occurred over a period of years, and the dozens of warnings in the months preceding 9/11?
11. If they were told nothing about the warnings, why were they told nothing? If they were told, why did the City of NY and the Port Authority do nothing?
12. Why was the World Trade Center steel removed so quickly, without being examined, from the scene of a mass murder? Who ordered the removal of the steel?
1. Why was President Bush not immediately evacuated from the Sarasota school, but rather was permitted to remain in the building after the second building was hit and this nation was under attack? Why was protocol not followed? Was President Bush deemed to be in the "zone of danger"? If so, at exactly, what time was he put in the "zone of danger"?
2. Where is the log and record of the Secret Service agents? Where is the incident report?
1. At precisely what time was NORAD notified of each plane being hijacked? What was their response? What is the name of the individual who determined from which bases the F-16s should be scrambled from? What are the names of the pilots of these f-16s?
2. Whose decision was it to not utilize the F-16s' weapons?
3. Whose decision was it to not fly the F-16s at maximum speed?
4. Why didn't the F-16s intercept the hijacked airliners?
5. Please draw up a chart of NORAD's response to the Payne Stewart Lear jet incident vs. the 9/11 incident. Why was protocol not followed on 9/11? What is the name of the individual who did not follow protocol? Where are the transcripts from the F-16s? Where is the log and record from NORAD?
6. What satellites were orbiting North American airspace on 9/11? What exactly does the satellite imaging reveal? What companies own these satellites? Where are the records and logs for these orbits?
1. At a point in time when there was a "high level of chatter" why were the NSA warnings not translated on time? What information was contained in the warnings, specifically?
2. What agency obtained the photo of Atta at the ATM machine in rural Maine less than 48 hours after September 11th? Was Atta under surveillance? Where are the logs and records from the Boston FBI field office for the months June through September?
3. What degree of probable cause was Moussouai being held under when he was arrested in mid-August? What is the name of the individual who turned down the request for the search warrant? What is the name of the supervisor who was overseeing the Moussouai case? Where the transcripts from the original detainment hearing for Moussouai?
4. What is the name of the CIA operative who delivered Bin Laden to an American hospital in Dubai in July of 2001?
5. What is the name of the individual who decided to fly the Bin Laden family back to Saudi Arabia on the night of September 11th?
6. Please give a list of positive defensive postures that this country took on the morning of 9/11.
7. At exactly what time was the shadow government put in place?
8. Was the White House a target on 9/11?
9. At exactly what time was the White House evacuated? Who was in charge of this country on the morning of 9/11?
10. Please explain the United States' position with regard to the UNOCAL pipeline in Afghanistan and the position of our troops in Afghanistan prior to 9/11.
11. The Hart Rudman Report was issued in 2001, many taxpayer dollars were spent. What steps were taken, if any, to implement some of the changes put forward by that report?
12. "A briefing prepared for senior government officials at the beginning of July, 2001, contained the following language: Based on a review of all source reporting over the last five months, we believe that UBL (Usama bin Laden) will launch a significant attack against U.S. and/or Israeli interests in the coming weeks. The attack will be spectacular and designed to inflict mass casualties against U.S. facilities or interests. Attack preparations have been made. Attack will occur with little or no warning." How did Bush and his team respond to this dramatic and accurate warning? What intelligence was this heads-up based upon?
13. What did the FBI tell the NYPD in their Joint Terrorism Task Force regarding the numerous warnings about NYC being a terrorist target and the possibility of NYC and the WTC being hit by planes? What is the name of the FBI agent?
14. What interaction did our government have with the Taliban prior to September 11, 2001?
15. Prior to September 11, 2001, were warnings regarding the impending attacks received from agencies of foreign governments? When and from where were they sent? What was the nature of the warnings? What, if any, security precautions were taken as a result of the warnings?